Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Farewell Two Stars


After the one stars, the great Mumtaz Bajwa was the first one to say good by to the arms from our 2-star family. 
While the other two stars would continue to serve at least till 2013-14, Bajwa had to take off his boots and hang his khakis due retirement at age, which in his case came earlier than the retirement at service ceiling. April 2010 thus marks the exodus of our first two star. We wish him the very best of luck in civvies.
 After Bajwa, Shahid Maqbool followed suit to bid farewell to arms on 11th June 2012. Shahid has always been centre of attraction in any get together due to his hearty laughter. It has been a while that I had been wanting to go to College of Signals to have a cup of tea with Shahid. And just today, when I was passing by the Military College of Signals, I gave a call to Shahid - but to my surprise he invited me on a cup of tea at his residence and it was then that I came to know that he has hung his uniform recently.
A relaxed Shahid as I photographed him today at his residence - 13 June 2012

Ashraf Tabbasum finally hung his uniform on 30th September 2012. His last posting was as the Log Area Comd, Multan.

I have known Ashraf for a long time, specially since we prepared jointly for the Staff Course entrance exam when stationed at Nowshera. We also served together as unit commander at Kharian. Ashraf served as Deputy MS, GOC 35 Division and at JS HQ before moving to Multan. We all wish him and his family the very best of luck in their future pursuits.


Munawar Ahmed Solehria retires with effect from 15 February 2013. Munawar was my company mate, Tariq Company, in the final term and was our CJUO too. He is one of the pioneers in nurturing the Course Website by guiding me and sharing his photographs besides Ghulam Abbas. He retires as the Surveyor General of Pakistan. We all wish him and his family the very best of luck in their future pursuits.

I may mention here that Munawar is one of the few officers who shared his photographs in the formatting years of the course website and has always been a helping hand in improving the course website.

0 comments: